Parsley + Watercress Avocado Pesto
- 1 cup fresh parsley, tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh watercress, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Half avocado
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp white mellow miso
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, sea salt
- 1 tbsp water, to thin out if needed
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until it reaches your desired consistency. Just make sure the garlic cloves are chopped enough.
Notes: If you don't have avocado or nutritional yeast on hand that's okay, they are not completely necessary but recommended for nutrition and creaminess!
This recipe is good for
- Liver detoxification
- Boosting the immune system
- Hormone disorders
- Joint Pain
Serving suggestions: Serve with pasta, chicken, tofu, rice, cannelloni beans, or spread on whole wheat crackers or toasted whole grain bread. Tastes great with parmesan or other nut cheese too!